List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Now Listen plasmoid
From:       Alex Merry <kde () randomguy3 ! me ! uk>
Date:       2013-04-01 23:04:30

On 21/03/13 09:48, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> $PLASMOID_PACKAGE/images/<file>
> $SYSTEM_SVG_THEME_PATH/<file>
> $PLASMOID_PACKAGE/theme/$SYSTEM_SVG_THEME_NAME/<file>
> $PLASMOID_PACKAGE/theme/<file>

I've been trying to implement this, and have come across a hurdle:
Plasma::Theme does not have a way of getting hold of the fallback themes.

My current desktop theme is apparently ".customized1" (I guess I changed
a setting at some point?).  However, all the image lookups will actually
fall back to the Air theme when I call Plasma::Theme::imagePath().  I
can't simulate this in ThemedSvg, though, as this information isn't
available.

So the options, I guess, are to either extend Theme (to either provide
the fallbacks or to have some sort of generic lookup mechanism
independent of the base directory) or to abandon the third part of this
lookup list.

Alex