List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    QML plasmoid and compact representation
From:       Lionel Chauvin <megabigbug () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2013-02-03 17:07:52

Hi all,

Some C++ plasmoids, as for example the 'weather' plasmoid, are changed into a compact \
representation when they become too small. When the user clicks on a compact \
representation, the full plasmoid is displayed in a popup.

I would like obtain the same behavior with a declarative plasmoid but according to \
the documentation (http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/API#Properties_exported_from_the_main_QML_item):
 "if the plasmoid is a popupapplet, the component in compactRepresentation
 will be used instead of the icon and will always be collapsed,
regardless if it's in a panel or not."

Is it the correct behavior or is it just not fully implemented ?
Can I workaround this behavior?

For my RSS plasmoid, I would like the compact representation displays an icon and a \
number of unread entries. I want the compact representation to be displayed when it \
is in a panel and the full plasmoid when it is on the desktop.

Cheers

Lionel Chauvin