List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: XDpms in screenlocker
From:       Dario Freddi <drf54321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-14 11:32:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi everyone,

2013/1/14 Oliver Henshaw <oliver.henshaw@gmail.com>

> On 13 January 2013 22:57, Thomas L=FCbking <thomas.luebking@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > ** please keep me in cc as well as likely dario **
> >
> > I looked into the powerdevil sources, reactivated the turnOffScreen dbu=
> > method, implemented it and that works - more or less (screeen turns bla=
ck
> > for a moment and then comes back up)
> >
> > // Let's pretend we're resuming
> > core()->onResumeFromSuspend();
> >
> > Commenting that away works just as expected.
>
> The same fix is in https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/106795/ which I
> forgot about, sorry. Note that I think this is really due to an X bug,
> if you 'sleep 10; xset -q' before asking powerdevil to turn off the
> screen you can see that X11 thinks that the screen is still off when
> it has come back on.

Indeed. The reason why that call was put into place was to set the idle
timer to zero whenever a trigger came up. I clearly remember it used to
solve also another problem, which I don't recall now (blame on me for not
commenting on that part), but it's apparently safe to get that out of the
way.

I also agree with Oliver's analysis.

Needless to say that if we all agree that commenting out that method should
fix this issue, that RR is good to merge.