List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    XDpms in screenlocker
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-13 12:55:54

** please keep me in CC **

While stepping across the ksmserver/screenlocker/greeter/* code i noticed that \
there's (intended) support to show the screensaver on pressing esc, but no equivalent \
to re/activate dmps (DPMSForceLevel, "xdpms force off")

I've failed to find resp. API in powerdevil (and don't at hand know what it does or \
whether that is important)

Should there be (and i don't point Frameworks here):
- an extension to the powerdevil workspace lib API (which will either make use of the \
Dpms lib or call xdpms internally; i don't know, but it's configurable through the \
                kcm)
- a prop. implementation in the locker preferably using
  * xdpms (pro: runtime resolution. con: we call a different process; security flaw)
  * the Dpms lib (con: compile time dependency)

Cheers,
Thomas