List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    RSS Launcher plasmoid
From:       Lionel Chauvin <megabigbug () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2012-12-18 16:33:33

Hi,

I wrote another RSS plasmoid based on the qml "news" plasmoid.

Here a screenshot: http://wstaw.org/m/2012/12/18/rss-launcher.png
The plasmoid can be downloaded from: http://megabigbug.dyndns.org/rss-launc=
her.plasmoid

This plasmoid displays a flat list of all rss feeds.
Each item shows:
- the entry's title and an icon for recognize the RSS feed
-the first lines of the entry and one or two thumbnails when the entry cont=
ains images
- a footer with the feed's name,=A0=A0the author's name (when available) an=
d a date of publication
When you click on an item, it launches the corresponding url in your favori=
te browser.

It
 is a pure qml plasmoid.=A0=A0It works properly with KDE > 4.9.90 because
 it needs a fix of PlasmaCore.SortFilterModel=A0=A0and a modification of RSS
 dataengine for RSS feeds that contains "updated" atom tags.

All =

list items don't have the same height.=A0=A0In order to fix scrollbar bugs =

the listview has a cachebuffer.=A0=A0As it=A0=A0uses more memory, I limited=
 the =

number of displayed entries to 50. This value can be changed in main.xml

 would like help to improve the "news" plasmoid but due to the =

cachebuffer,=A0=A0I don't know if the features of my plasmoid could be used.
Any idea about that ? =

Perhaps
 several pages of 50 entries.=A0=A0I tried to load/unload several listviews =

(with a Loader item) but it doesn't free the memory properly.

I would like to create a config panel=A0=A0for this plasmoid.
Currently only the first entry of main.xml can be configured.
Is it planned to support config panel for qml plasmoid ?

Do you think I can publish this plasmoid on kde look ?

Cheers,

Lionel Chauvin