List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: QML style guide
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-30 11:55:31

On Tuesday 30 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> this is because there is no way to influence how import lines work at
> runtime. it's a failing of QML (or, rather, of the people who implemented
> it). it makes this a bit (though not much) uglier, but more importantly
> this is also a security hole.
>
> oh, and it actually is:
>
> import "../code/foo.js"
>
> just one "../" and i don't think that's overly ugly at all.

oh, small think on that.
if it's a qml-only plasmoid (unfortunately only in that case for usual reason
of not being able to influence imports) it can/should be:

import "plasmapackage:/code/Foo.js" as Foo

in this case even if the qml file is buried deep down a device specific
folder, it will take the right one anyways

if we agree to use this when possible will add to the wiki

Cheers,
Marco Martin