List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Display Configuration KCM design review
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-04 12:01:04

Le jeudi 4 octobre 2012 13:38:06 Christoph Feck a =E9crit :
> On Thursday 04 October 2012 13:23:18 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 October 2012, todd rme wrote:
> > > On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org>
> =

> > > =

> > > It is hard to move objects by small increments using the mouse,
> > > especially along a single axis.
> > =

> > you don't need that, only thing you can do is to say (this monitor
> > is on the left of this other one), moving it 3 pixels to the left
> > won't cause anything.
> =

> Having two monitors placed side-by-side, you want to be able
> to correctly vertically align them.

Yes, that happens to me when I use my laptop with an external monitor: the =

bottom of the two screens do not line up, so it would be handy to be able t=
o =

fine tune the position to ensure the mouse cursor does not jump when going =
from =

one screen to the other.

> There could be an "Advanced" mode,
> where you can set pixel positions, refresh rates, etc.

I don't think you need an advanced mode: in the proposed UI it should be =

doable to implement adjusting the position with the arrow keys. This does n=
ot =

conflict with the way one can quickly rearrange screens with the mouse.

Aur=E9lien