List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Display Configuration KCM design review
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-02 13:33:25

On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Dan Vr=E1til wrote:
> > i was about to ask what it was for ;)
> > maybe the primary should just have written "primary" in it
> > the others have a "make primary" below the monitor (not in it since
> > doesn't fit)
> > also, what does the green thick?
> =

> When you click the green tick, you disable the output (and it changes into
> a red cross).
> =

what about have two checkboxes in a column, centered in the monitor:
[ ] Primary
[ ] Enabled =

the text wouldn't change.

> > * no underline below the resolution
> =

> The underline represents physical bottom side of the monitor. When you
> rotate the output 90 degrees clockwise, the "underline" would be on the
> right side.

if you have the arrows like one screenshot you shown, those arrows (being =

changed as needed) would always be at the phisical bottom of the screen.

> > * could them be a bit spaced? now they are touching and looks quite
> > cramped
> =

> They are "touching" in real world, so they have to be touching here too.
> The positioning of the outputs in the view represent mutual positioning of
> the physical monitors on your table.

hmm, not sure they have to, making them touching or not doesn't add/remove =
any =

semantic information, leaving at least one/two pixels of gap should already =

quite make the difference

> > * green rounded rectanlgles doesn't look that good
> > =

> > We actually have a Plasma theme element to represent a monitor: it's the
> > one that is still used in the screensaver kcm: it's a framesvg, so it
> > can be resized to any size without looking deformed, would be nice to
> > use that (not sure about the monitor stand, can be tried both with or
> > without. we have a qwidget for it in the kworkspace lib or in qml would
> > be trivial to do.
> =

> I'll check that. I'd have to go without the stand as it would make it
> difficult to position outputs above each other. Although without the stand
> it looks more like a tablet then a monitor..:)

well, better that a rectangle :p
anyways, could do that only the monitor below has the stand, the one above =
not =

(in the way they are positioned it would just look that the stand of the ab=
ove =

monitor is hidden by the other one)

Cheers,
Marco Martin