List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Behavior on systray icon clicking
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () iki ! fi>
Date:       2012-09-25 10:33:11

On Tuesday 25 September 2012 12:01:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:42:40 Ivan =C4=8Cuki=C4=87 wrote:
> > This replicates the behaviour of tasks applet - think of
> > click-to-minimise.
> =

> .. and why appliation tray icons really ought to be merged with the tasks
> applet.

I hope this would be optional ;) =

I have spacial memory and tend to remember locations on screen. I don't use =

grouping of windows because I can use the taskbar-items to select all my =

individual windows with just _one_ mouse click.

For those that don't have spacial memory and use the "icon only" taskbar, =

integration with the systemtray would probably be a very good thing.

> =

> i'm hoping that we will achieve this with the QML version once it is done.
> it should be a lot easier to accomplish than with the existing C++ stuff.

It is probably also easier to create multiple applets with the same =

dataengine/model :)

/K=E5re