List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: move plasma tools to plasmate
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-28 8:37:10

On Tuesday 28 August 2012, Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:

> > Plasmate only allows to create plasmoids javascript based afaik and it =
is
> > desgined to do only that (which is cool). Imho it is waaaay far from
> > being an sdk.
> =

> Plasmate is not a complete SDK for everything, sure. The point here is not
> so much Plasmate though, but where to put bits and pieces for Plasma
> development. If we rename Plasmate to Plasma SDK, it might be clearer, but
> really, the point is consolidating the tools in one place so the new
> developer doesn't have to go hunting down bits and pieces in X different
> places.

this is something i didn't really intervene so far, mostly because i don't =

have strong opinions in.
Anyways, i would see useful to have a repo for the sdk related stuff and no=
t =

necessarly strictly related to plasma.

i share the concerns for a repo called plasmatethat has the other tools in =
it, =

but that's just naming and shouldn't be distracting ;)

> > Also, Plasmate (again afaik) is not done using kdevplatform, I have been
> > told since day 1 that it will be at some point but apparently it is not.
> > I don't know if kdevplatform is the solution but what I know is that we
> > need to share stuff.
> =

> I don't think that matters at all here.
> =

> > > =

> > > BTW, wasn't the kdesdk SVN module split up? I'd personally rather not
> > > have to build 10 repos to get all my development tools together.
> > =

> > Afaik it is still in SVN (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/
> > )
> =

> Well, parts of it are still there, but I think that's mostly due to nobody
> taking care of the transition. That SVN repo is going to die as soon as t=
he
> last bit in there has been moved to git.

yeah, but disappointing indeed that all parts of kdesdk are still in svn, s=
ome =

of the apps still seem  to have regular commits, so is not even "because =

unmaintained"
in that repo there is something that i would definitely want, and something =

that maybe would be really time to let go or just left there in the svn rep=
o =

(cervisia? srsly? :p)

i would like again a repo like that with all needed (did i already mentione=
d =

i'm definitely not a fan of micro git repos?;)
that may include plsmate, plasma tools and some of the tools in kdesdk, =

intersection between those that make sense and those that who still work on =

them don't want a dedicated repo for it

Cheers, =

Marco Martin