List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma Containment default setting
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-06-21 9:09:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 23:54:57 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> I imagine this could then be used in Dolphin's context menu 'Actions' and
> possibly in Gwenview too. Should there be such dbus-interface, I would add
> those patches to Dolphin and Gwenview.

the things i look at and weigh are:

* will the feature work consistently (multiple screens, per-virtual desktop
containments, etc..) and not just work for some configurations

* what is the cost to the codebase (how complex will the patches to plasma-
desktop be .. and this does require patches there)

* is this valuable enough to add another item to the context menu? context
menus ought to be fairly focused otherwise they become a clutter of options
that become more difficult to sort through. we support setting the wallpaper
through drag and drop, so this is a consideration here.

given the above, i'd much rather see the DnD support that already exists and
works used with dolphin and gwenview.

--
Aaron J. Seigo