On 06/14/2012 08:31 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On Thursday, June 14, 2012 16:58:55 David Edmundson wrote: >> so much resistance. Reviews are slow, > often they happen the same day, sometimes they don't. i would like them t= o be > faster as well. when i keep on top of them and do the reviewing myself, i= t is > fast. when i don't ... well .. > >> replies on maliing lists (such >> as this one) can be very condescending instantly blaming an entire >> team for a lack of communication and most ML threads seem to derail >> into arguments. > this has only been the case since a recent expansion of the project happe= ned > and new people joined in. this has not been the status quo for the last f= ew > years, and it is not enjoyable for anyone. > >> Have you discussed the weather LCD applet with the team before denying >> the request. > yes, on this very list. Lu=EDs Gabriel suggested a solution, as someone w= ho is > working on what may well be the next revision of the weather applet (done= this > time with QML). i agreed that solution would work. it was then implied th= at > this was not acceptable, and we really should just do what the QA team sa= ys. > this is completely unnacceptable. > > as for decision making authority, in KDE that is the maintainer. > > the author of the weather dataengine is currently unavailable, and in lie= u of > them being here, then the maintainership falls on my shoulders. > > i also happen to be the module maintainer for the repository this compone= nt is > in. > > this is the standard way of doing things, and it works if people respect = that. > i find it disapointing that i need to somehow defend that i am allowed to= make > decisions over code that i maintain. > Nobody said you had to do this or that. The QA team makes suggestions, = you of course have the final say. Thanks for fixing Calendar! Again I apologize for the reverted commit (I CCed you so you were = informed instantly), this had nothing to do with the current discussion = and should not have been brought into it, it was just a bad handling of = my part (which is not a behavior I usually have). It happens to make = errors and we (quite enthusiastically) debugged this systray bug and I = got carried away. Of course I'll use reviewboard next time. It had = nothing to do with the QA Team and the debugging of the bug that lead to = my bad revert happened in #plasma. To add a positive note to all this: the work the QA Team did so far: I = don't know how many Plasma bug reports were triaged prior the beta 1 = release but Myriam alone triaged, verified, put versions in hundreds of = reports. It's to be noted that users answered to queries about old bug = reports better than we expected. From the beta 1 release to now, more = than 100 bug reports were issued or confirmed, most about Plasma and 33 = were fixed. Special thanks to Viranch who is tackling QML regressions = and make users happy. Tests on community wiki = http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing/Beta/Plasma can be useful = to new developers. Plasma bugs in bugzilla should now be very much easier for developers to = prioritize. Please let us know if you have questions about bugzilla or = suggestions. Best regards, Anne-Marie _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel