2012/6/7 Aaron J. Seigo : >> but it occurred to >> me we have indeed a serious naming problem (which I believe was the >> main source of misunderstanding over the last days) on all of this. In >> my opinion the diagram makes more sense when s/Workspace/Desktop. I >> see more the concept of "workspaces", aka desktop, mobile, tablet >> etc... > > calling it "desktop" fails for various reasons (all of which have been > discussed extensively elsewhere in past years): > > * we have the legacy of "desktop" both in "KDE" and "the KDE Desktop" > * a t.v. recorder is not a desktop. we might be able to grin and say "that > tablet is running a desktop system", but that is even a bit of a stretch. Makes sense indeed, although my point was not really about the "desktop" work but about the distinction - it was not a suggestion but just a way in which the diagram would have made more sense to me. > > that said .. there are certainly bigger issues than this we have to in front > of us to tackle to bring our efforts into sync. Agreed, and indeed we should start working on this. >> I guess a goal for the next sprint should indeed be starting from >> something like this and drawing a scenario, also in a marketing >> perspective. > > there will be enough on the agenda without adding marketing to it, and there > are many people not there who ought to be if marketing was part of the mix. I partly disagree here. In the first frameworks sprint we also created a plan which was shared afterwards - I am not talking about making a decision but proposing one. We all know by our experience that a targeted group of people meeting in person can easily speed up the job. That said, I agree that there are more pressing and important items on the agenda _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel