List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE architecture diagram
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-06-08 14:09:17

Le vendredi 8 juin 2012 05:49:00 Tomaz Canabrava a =E9crit :
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Aur=E9lien G=E2teau <agateau@kde.org> wro=
te:
> > Perhaps the "KDE Workspace" box should be named " KDE SC Plasma
> > Workspaces".
> As one of the most active Talkers about KDE on universities that are
> not on the IT field, I strongly disagree with that.
> I'v been doing talks on a lot of fields ( from Design schools to
> History universities ) and the main point of doubt on the atendees is
> the naming convention ( over 20 talks this year ),
> one girl actually send me an e-mail as follows, translated from portugues=
e.:

I understand that. The name is not the best I came up with and would need t=
o =

be fixed if this document were to become more public (I don't think it will=
, =

though). What is more important in my opinion, is to have a common =

understanding of how elements are grouped together.
I have not been closely tracking Plasma developments these past months, so =
I =

think my understanding of the way things work can be useful to people who a=
re =

so involved in Plasma development they know all its nuts and bolts from ins=
ide =

out and thus can be surprised others are confused.

Aur=E9lien