2012/3/28 Alex Fiestas : > On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 07:22:12 PM Daniel Nicoletti wrote: >> > From a quick look of the code, there's the chance to build the daemon >> > too.. If so, there's no need to do all that work :) About the need of the >> > complete UI, we need it only for one purpose: select which channel will >> > be the Master channel. I can't list all the available channels inside the >> > standard config page (the one which appears when you click on the wrench >> > icon in the applet handle), because of scripted plasmoid limitiations. >> > But, thanks to the awesome progress made with plasmacomponents, I could >> > use your fancy Dialog item to show all the channels available, and allow >> > the user to choose which one will be the Master channel :) In this way, >> > we could drop the KMix windowed app, keep only the daemon, and talk to it >> > with one (or more) kmix applet. What do you think? >> > From my point of view you should: >> * Create a KDED module to talk to Alsa/Pulse Audio/OSS/whatever kmix talks >> to, expose all this information with a DBus API. > This is already donde afaik, KMix kded >> * Create a DataEngine (which I guess you have already written) to talk to >> the KDED module. > Also done somewhere iirc > > I believe that we should write a plasmoid focused on PulseAudio to take the > 100% from that system, and then write a plasmoid for KMix to support non PA > systems. Don't you think this would confuse users? To me I'd only worry about PA since it's what I use, but we have wine that can use OSS (some games needs this to work well) and BSD too iirc. So if a plasmoid only talks to PA maybe it won't work well when some user is using wine with OSS plugin. (But I'm not sure here). > Coling has a master plan of how PulseAudio should be integrated in a > worksapce, maybe you can talk with him in case you are interested. Ok, the plasmoid in question is already a good start tho I'd change some stuff like removing the 38% as the user is already seem percentage because of the slider that duplicates the information. _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel