List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Connecting to Data Engine in QT Quick
From:       Shaun Reich <shaun.reich () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2012-01-22 6:27:55

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Eric Mesa <ericsbinaryworld@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> Working with QT Quick in QT Creator. =A0Using QML to do GUI design. =A0Fi=
nally
> figured out my data engine issues that I emailed about about back in Augu=
st.
> =A0So now I want to connect to my data engine. =A0I found this
> website:=A0http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/API#D=
ata_Engines
> but when I put in =A0"import org.kde.plasma.core 0.1 as PlasmaCore" (no
> quotes) I get the error "module "org.kde.plasma.core" is not installed"

that import is only valid if you are making a plasmoid. through a raw
QML thingy you can't use core components. core components is only
meant as a plasmoid goodie bag.

you can still use org.kde.plasmacomponents afik though. but if you're
using a dataengine in the first place...and a QML applet..i have to
ask why it isn't a plasmoid in the first place. probably make things a
lot easier...

as for 'packages', the imports are in
kde-runtime/plasma/declarativeimports, so having that should be fine.

-- =

Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)