On Saturday 14 January 2012, Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote: > Hello, > > me and Antonis have created a branch with the name > "plasma/terietorANDkokeroulis/KLocaleQMLBindings" at kde-runtime. > The branch contains the a wrapper which will be our QML bindings for > KLocale. > > The bindings are not ready,we have just added the Q_PROPERTY,Q_ENUMS > stuff and we removed all the deprecated methods. > So,feel free to modify the code. Any notes,observations are more than > welcome,actually we need them :) since none of us is good at QML. thanks for working on that ;) i taken a look on it. it basically maps 1:1 tyhe api of klocale, and i think that's fine. just a couple of comments: *many q_invokables have out parameters, like translateRawFrom, i don't think that will work * not all types will be binded and recognized, i.e Q_INVOKABLE KCurrencyCode *currency() const; * i'm not sure about allowing functions that influence the bahavior, like bool setEncoding(int mibEnum); *every exported function or property should be tested that it actually works * it's not a plasma thing, i think it should go in a plugin of its own like org.kde.klocale * the filename should be lowercase * keeping the apidocs is fine, but all the @since lines should go a not so nice effect would be every qml files that wishes to use it would have to instantiate one (so one qobject more) but i don't see alternatives except setting an instance in the global context (like it's done in Plasma theme) but on the other hand this could be not *always* needed, so this way should be fine Cheers, Marco Martin _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel