List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Kickoff w/Breadcrumbs in QML
From:       Xavier Sythe <me () sythe ! me>
Date:       2011-12-23 18:15:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Just to confirm, does the QML Kickoff still have keyboard navigation?
I think that it would be a good idea to not only add support for a mouse's
back button, but also the standard backspace key on keyboards.
This would enable full navigation of Kickoff solely with the keyboard, a
feature which, until now, has been limited by the lack of a back button
shortcut.

 As for the UI back button, Novell's usability team did determine that it
was needed.
Who are we, as non-UX professionals, to argue against this decision?

And, as for the terminology used for the classic, KDE3-style panel, I
believe that "classic" would be the best term, NOT KDE3.
As well, I don't see much of a use case for the classic panel being
included in Plasma by default.  Available from KDE-Look, certainly, but
KDE3's days were long ago.