List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Media Query: KDE's Support For Android Tablets
From:       Alex Fiestas <afiestas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-11-22 20:15:35

HAving a good mtp support is going to become more and more important
since a lot of companies are using it to avoid to pay the vFat fee M$ is
imposing.

I'm no expert in mtp but it seems that it is a transport protocol which
allow to offer different services, for example if you grab an N9 or N950
and execute mtp-detect you will see stuff like:

- File access
- Photo access
- Music
- Device information...

So we must support the the most used ones.

As part of the fixing, there is a patch waiting to be commited that will
improve libsolid detection, so it seems that the only thing left to do
is to have good mtp kio's.