List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Some simple ideas for desktop 4.8
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-09-25 15:28:12

On Sunday 25 September 2011 16:24:25 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> I've been using the default settings for a while now (like 1month) and I'd
> like to propose a couple changes for 4.8, let's see what are your opinions:
>
> 1-Show the same windows in "Window switcher" and "Taskbar":
> Right now by default, Window Switcher is showing only the windows in the
> current desktop while the taskbar is showing the windows in all desktop. This
> has been very confusing for me since I'm not able to access to a window I'm
> seeing in the taskbar via Window Switcher.
> I don't care wether we switch both to "Show only windows in this
> workspace" or the other way, but both should show the same.
With window switcher you mean Alt+Tab, right?

Having those two synced sounds reasonable and I would suggest to go for only current \
desktop as by default it's only  one desktop and means less clutter.

> 2-Remove oxygen window borders when composite is acitaved.
> This is more a visual thing than anything else, when using composite by
> default shadows are actiavted, and them are pretty much borders in my most
> humble opinion (I have 0 design skills...) removing the borders in compositing
> make windows less cluttered to me.
without borders you cannot resize the window. Nuno has been begging me to improve the \
situation and maybe I get to  do something about it. Anyway this is something Nuno \
has to decide and IIRC he wants to have it on per app basis, e.g.  Konsole without \
borders, others with borders.

Apart from that we can hardly change anything in a general way for window \
decorations. This would have to be  completely inside the Oxygen decoration.

Cheers
Martin