List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Plasma clock bug/wish triage
From:       John Layt <john () layt ! net>
Date:       2011-05-27 15:28:02

Hi,

Following on from the bugs discussion I've gone through the bugs for the
widget-clock componant closing what I can.

I've previously posted a number of to-do points at
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Tasks#Calendar.2FClock_Plasmoids based on the
open bugs.  If anyone was to fix/rewrite the digital clock resizing code we
could kill half the bugs, my eternal gratitude awaits someone :-)

What's then left is a lot of wishes for new visual features that I think we
can be ruthless with closing if there is no intent to ever implement them, so
opinions please on:

162828 - Blinking dots on clock
165416 - Zoom/Crop Analog Clock in Panel
169130 - Manually Set Font Size
184179 - Display timezone at top of clock not bottom
185588 - Manually Set Font Size
185665 - Ability to always have calendar widget on top
186692 - Option to remove border
186913 - Show temperature
193747 - Show more than 1 month in calendar
193925 - Show seconds in on-hover pop-up
199999 - Show date in analog clock
204198 - Let user choose side-by-side or stacked mode
210613 - Ability to independently set 12/24 hour time display
224344 - Ability to turn off week numbers
255344 - Add close button to calendar pop-up

There are bugs for fuzzy clock and world clock that strictly are not part of
Plasma Clock, do we want to move them elsewhere?

Cheers!

John.