List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: the utter failure of bugzilla (and us?)
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter.harald () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-25 18:09:07

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin@kde.org> wrote:
> And then there's the problem of the tool. I only know of Launchpad supporting Karma, but I doubt
> that Launchpad is any use for us (we are no distribution and don't use bazaar).

Launchpad is also useful to projects that do not create distributions :P

BUT
a) Launchpad is essentially impossible to setup
b) Launchpad's bug system has just as many flipping shortcomings as
bugzilla, just in different areas
c) Launchpad's bug system only makes sense iff one uses a vast
majority of the other features of launchpad

All in all, I believe LP is no solution really.