List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Python Plasmoids - 2 Questions
From:       Luca Beltrame <einar () heavensinferno ! net>
Date:       2011-05-19 12:06:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

In data giovedì 19 maggio 2011 13:38:49, Michael Zimmermann ha scritto:

> QDBusInterface is not wrapped by PyQT so that I should propably use the
> dbus module. And then? How?

Yes, you should use the dbus interface. Something like this:

import dbus
from dbus.mainloop.qt import DBusQtMainLoop

# This makes calls async
DBusQtMainLoop(set_as_default=True)

session_bus = dbus.SessionBus()
proxy = session_bus.get_object("org.kde.krunner", "/App")
proxy.showTaskManager(dbus_interface="org.kde.krunner.App")

Further details in this tutorial: http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-
python/doc/tutorial.html (ignore the fact that it says that the only event
loop supported is GLib).

> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method
> Plasma::Applet::toolTipAboutToShow()

I think someone else raised this issue, but I'm not sure how and if it was
solved.