List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma-devel post from mous16_2000@yahoo.it requires approval
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-28 16:23:54

On Friday 25 March 2011, plasma-devel-owner@kde.org wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm Francesco, an Italian student, and I want join GSoC.
> I've readed the QML-ify plasmoids ideas, and I wrote this proposal:
> https://docs.google.com/viewer?pid=explorer&srcid=0B9Iwh4lLeOxMNWNlYTEyMGIt
> NWZmOC00YzdjLWI5ZDItZDZmNWZmMzdkMjIx&authkey=CKzNyeIC
>
> This could be valid for Summer of Code?
>
> Francesco

I am not sure if merging several plasmoids together is a good idea,
getting better the current window management oriented plasmoids is of course a
good thing, however i fear a big single one that can be configured to look so
radically different could be a bit overkill (many code paths to maintain and
keep working) and would be very hard to make an intuitive user interface for
this

Cheers,
Marco Martin