On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM, todd rme wrote: > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Sinny Kumari wrote: >> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Sinny Kumari wrote: >>> Hi! >>> I am sending my first draft proposal for the idea >>> http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#Project:_Plasma-based_Presentation_View. >>> Please have a look at >>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1kF9ZN8YgIXMAcOAOzGpzpXc8BB8d0OElwLgOPsICxfI >>> . >>> It might be incomplete or need improvement, so please don't hesitate >>> to share your suggestions. I am eagerly waiting for replies :) >>> >>> Thanks in advance :) >>> >>> -- > > Although it isn't my decision, it looks good to me overall.  I do have > some suggestions: Thanks for reply :) > > 1. You need to clarify how someone would go to a specific slide. > Possibilities I can think of include typing in a number or clicking on > the slide sorter > we can do it by using spinBox or clicking on a slide in slide sorter > 2. You need to clarify how the timers would work.  Is it a digital or > analog click?  I would personally suggest both.  You should probably > explain how and where someone will set the start time for the count > down widget.  I would also suggest the count up and count down widgets > be separate Yes, both option is possible but first digital clock will be done, plasmoids are already available for reference. > > 3. One of the key parts of my original suggestion was to have the > equivalent of activities, multiple independent presenter views with > different widgets that you can switch between during the presentation. >  I see no mention of this. have to discuss on #plasma if it's possible > > 4. There should probably be an option on the current slide widget to > show the current slide number and/or the total number of slides. > Alternatively this could be separate widget > will do it for both option in a separate widget and will mention it too > 5. The slide list should probably take advantage of plasma > capabilities so that when you make it really small it acts as a pop-up > button and when larger acts like an icon view.  It should also > dynamically lay out the icons based on its current shape, and should > probably have a zoom slider. > Plasma already handles it. 6. Since plasma has tooltip capabilities, you should probably think > about what tooltips would be shown when you hover over certain > elements. > will mention it in proposal > 7. It would be worthwhile listing existing widgets you think your new > widgets might be similar to. > yes, I will mention it. > 8. It is probably worth mentioning that the presenter view will also > support all standard plasma widgets. > are we sure, we want to do it? > 9. How will theming work?  Will it use the standard plasma theme, a > calligra-specific theme, or can you pick a different theme from the > plasma themes? > will discuss with rrix/siddharths or #plasma and will let do changes accordingly. > 10. How will the background work? > I didn't understand, what exactly it mean, can you please explain it little bit. > -Todd > _______________________________________________ > calligra-devel mailing list > calligra-devel@kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/calligra-devel > Thanks a lot :) -- http://www.sinny.in _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel