Nice idea, I would like to help in some way, but I'm awfully busy, so I'll probably do something, but I'm not able to partecipate at GSoC full time. Luca Tringali >----Messaggio originale---- >Da: robin.marsollier@etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr >Data: 24/03/2011 18.59 >A: >Ogg: GSoC proposal : home automation > >Hi everybody, > >I'm preparing my proposal for GSOC and I want some feedback. > >In last discussion about it, Luca Tringali proposed an integration with Plasma >Media Center, I think it's a very good idea for long term, but for now, >domogik is in way for its 0.10 release, PMC is also expecting its first >release, and my project is only ideas. >So I think it could be preferable to devellop only bases for home automation >with domogik in KDE for the moment, and I could do integration with PCM after >its first release and after this summer, with all time I need to do it. > >I drew some drafts of what could be the plasmoids, and I have for the moment >two plasmoid : one for supervision of house in general, and one for >supervision of a single room in the building. I will upload my drafts soon. > >I'm also thinking for a way to set up a configuration for the home, and since >that is not an item used every day (add a room, add shutters, lamps or heating >...), I think it does'nt have its place in a plasmoid, so in a dedicated app? >Probably, for my point of view. > >And what type of interface should I develop for it? With an other app for >conf, I think I couldn't use dataengine/services of Plasma ? So a kio ? > >I intend to start before the official start of GSoC because I travel a few days >in early june. It is a problem for mentors to work with me ​​before official >start in order to give them a little break after? :D > >And what do you think of this? Too ambitious, not enough? > >Presently, I'm revising my C++ (the easy part) and after, I will learn Qt, but >I must also pass my year in the same time. I would try to join you on IRC this >week-end (pseudo : rmrsllr), if I find time. > >Cheers, >Robin Marsollier >_______________________________________________ >Plasma-devel mailing list >Plasma-devel@kde.org >https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel > _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel