Quoting Marco Martin : > Artur, do you know something more about coding conventions used > internally for > QML/QtComponents? if sensible we could just steal, ehm, i mean adopt them ;) In QtComponents we use the links below as a reference: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/codingconventions.html https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Developer_Guide/Coding_Style and I could also find the guidelines below one e-mail: 1. avoid using ';', unless strictly needed (just use it if you are writing multiple commands on the same line and even in this case avoid the last semicolon). target: statusbar; property: "y" 2. avoid writing more than one command on the same line :-), but this is not strict. The example below is good, IMO these cases, PropertyChanges and Animation, can have their properties on one line. states: State { name: 'hidden' when: window.statusbarVisible == false PropertyChanges { target: statusbar; y: -statusbar.height } } transitions: Transition { NumberAnimation { target: statusbar; property: "y"; duration: 300; easing.type: Easing.InOutQuad } } 3. use a blank space after and before curly braces (when in the same line) '{', '}' MouseArea { id: mouseArea anchors.fill: parent onClicked: { button.clicked() } } 4. use 4 spaces for indentation (no tabs) 5. use double quotes for strings: "string" instead of 'string' I kind of dislike more than one command in the same line and for JS stuff I put ";" in every end of line/command (while in QML code we avoid them). I can find a link explaining the reason behind ending with ";" every JS line if you want. You are also right that it's going to be very good to setup some "naming" guidelines for id's. It can be really a mess if we don't follow some guideline. Ah, something I almost forgot: following some scripting languages, properties that we would like to make "private/protected" are declared with "__" preprending their names, for example: property int __protected: 0 Cheers, Artur ------------------------------------------- _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel