List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Grouping Desktop moved to kdereview
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-07-26 18:20:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On July 24, 2010, Aaron Peterson wrote:
> Sorry, Still haven't been able to get a development environment working,
> (anybody in Seattle area willing to help for beer?)

take a day trip up to Vancouver and we could do it here ;) i occassional go
down to Seattle, though, as my sis lives in the area... who knows, maybe
something will work out there.

> Would this eventually be able to be integrated with panels? As it
> would be cool if all panels did this... And then we don't need another
> type of item.

i think you're confusing "panel, the view / window" and "panel, the
containment". it's a core part of plasma's design that the contents of a
window (e.g. a panel) is an item on the canvas (in this case a containment,
which IsA Applet), so you always have the viw and the contents separated.

> (personally, I don't understand why panels arn't like
> other plasmoids

they are plasmoids.

--
Aaron J. Seigo