List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Change device notifier tooltips to respect plasma
From:       Jacopo De Simoi <wilderkde () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-26 9:14:34

> > Like one more font face
> > and not aligned with anything either.
>
> the font should be the same as the top header, so there shouldn't be another
> font face. as for alignment, iirc they are right aligned.

You recall correctly, but it has been changed since :)
Right aligning with (un)mount buttons always visible gives a weird feeling, as if the \
buttons were part of  a column which name is given by the category name.
The current visualization (i.e. left aligned category name below a separator) recalls \
the usual category view in other parts of the workspace (e.g. system settings), \
although admittedly it could be made a dedicated widget in 4.6.

The category title should be aligned with either the device icon or the \
itemBackground; the former looks decent with no hovered item, the latter looks better \
in the other case. In any way, since most icons are not square, the category title is \
pretty much /never/ aligned with the icon (it tries to do so now), so I'll just go \
and left align it with the itemBackground. \