On Wednesday 24 March 2010, you wrote: > On Tuesday 23 March 2010 13:53:24 Marco Martin wrote: > > in that way the whole webview would flick instead of the webview > > contents? > > > > (webview could also be resized to the whole contents but this would be > > terribly inefficient right?) > > Ah, I see, that's the core of the issue. Yea, the scrolling of contents > behavior should probably be configurable with properties just for cases > like this. I don't quite have the time right now to do it in full but the > attached should be 90% there. Maybe you'll like it better than the other > approaches. It basically checks whether the widget which the ScrollWidget > is supposed to scroll has defined the following properties: > - contentsSize > - scrollPosition > - scrollPositionX > - scrollPositionY > and if it does it uses those, instead of statically calling widget->size(), > widget->pos(), widget->x and widget->y. i like this approach :D > It should compile/work, but iirc the position to scrollPosition function > needs to be negated somewhere (especially visible since the webview > scrolling will now be inverted and it will probably try to overshoot all > the time =) ), I don't quite have the time right now to start compiling > and testing to see where that position needs to be negated but I think > this approach would be more convenient and cleaner. Especially since it > means that the ScrollWidget would be able to just handle really anything > anyone could possibly throw at it and it would just work (tm) in all > cases. well, that is an huge help already, i can try to finish it up and then i'll put it on reviewboard when done > (also possibly viewportGeometry will have to be overwritable for > completness as well). yeah, could come handy Cheers, Marco Martin _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel