List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Running queries via dbus
From:       Jacopo De Simoi <wilderkde () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-23 23:33:57

> On Tuesday 23 March 2010 21:55:08 Alex Merry wrote:
> > Instead, you should use QDBusConnection::asyncCall.  This can be used in
> > exactly the same way (implicit casting FTW), and casting to a QDBusReply
> > will cause the calling thread to block as you would expect.  But,
> > importantly, it WON'T cause the main thread to block.

In fact the runner thread will block; and since we limit ourselves to run only so \
many threads in krunner, this implies that a user running an older version of amarok \
will still experience long (~25s) freezes. if he launches enough queries  (just \
typing a long name is sufficient as we launch roughly as many queries as keystrokes \
(which is bad anyways) krunner won't have any thread slots available and will become \
useless, if not block the ui.

Is there any way to check for the version of amarok and avoid doing that query if it \
is <= the current release?

Thanks