List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: frame plasmoid: image load and scaling with
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-08 19:18:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 08 March 2010 19:50:42 Aaron Seigo wrote:
>     as far as i can see, the loader is never deleted. it emits its signal,
> pictureLoaded is called, and then the object is dropped and just sits
> there in memory.

As far as I can see, it sits there to hold the image at its original size, which
is needed for rescaling correctly (no need to store it at full size though, as I
said, screen reso with some fallback loading is probably good enough).

The previous code (before I reworked is did that differently: it nuked the image
data from the cache after a couple of seconds, meaning that it had to be loaded
once the user wanted to resize -> jerky feeling.
--
sebas