List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    JS API questions
From:       Nikita Melnichenko <open-development () yandex ! ru>
Date:       2010-03-08 14:14:43

Hello everyone,

I have several questions concerning JS API. I'd appreciate if you could answer.

1. Issue with plasmoid.file.
plasmoid.file("", "path/to/file") doesn't work
I've found a workaround plasmoid.file("ui", "../path/to/file") but I don't like it. \
What's the proper way?

I could create a bug report if it's needed.

2. setMinimumSize bug.
The thing doesn't work from the start, but does work after some time. We talked with \
Aaron Seigo about it already but since it's not in the bugzilla I'm afraid that we'll \
forget this thing.

Should I submit a bug report?

3. I can't figure out how to use stylesheet property. I've found some C++ examples \
but they don't work here. Could you give me an example?

4. I want to separate replies from dataengines, so I probably need to connect it to \
other objects than the global plasmoid object. That's to make code prettier. I'm \
aware about Label, TextEdit, Meter, but they're not suitable for this purpose, my \
dataUpdated isn't called. What can I do to separate replies?

5. The API docs have notes that we can draw on different widgets. That's good because \
I can workaround the SvgWidget bug. But I'm stuck here. Could you give me an example?

6. I'm using extensions so I want to block some of them to check different branches \
of code. How to do that?

7. All plasmoids have a shortcuts. What's their purpose?

8. We talked with Aaron Seigo about Actions, Extenders, Runners lately and it was \
noted that he needs help to update the docs. I'd like to help in some way but I need \
a starting point: where to look for available methods, classes, etc.? Maybe somebody \
else would help here too.

Thank you!