List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Question on KNS3::DownloadDialog and .knsrc location
From:       Yuen Hoe Lim <yuenhoe86 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-26 17:05:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

So I've been playing with the shiny new GHNS integration in plasmate :) The
downloaddialog hasn't been working for me though, it complains that it
cannot find plasmate.knsrc. I install plasmate by doing sudo make install,
and thus plasmate.knsrc gets installed to /usr/local/share/config. However
when I run plasmate I naturally run it as regular user, and I suspect that
DownloadDialog ends up looking for plasmate.knsrc in ~/.kde4/share/config.
Indeed if I manually copy plasmate.knsrc to ~/.kde4/share/config, then the
downloaddialog works properly.

Relevant line in CMake.List:

install(FILES plasmate.knsrc DESTINATION ${CONFIG_INSTALL_DIR})

and in the code:

KNS3::DownloadDialog *mNewStuffDialog = new
KNS3::DownloadDialog("plasmate.knsrc", this);

Is plasmate doing something wrong? Or is this erroneous behavior on the part
of KNS3::DownloadDialog?

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/