List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Subject: Re: Subject: Re: On Plasmate's recent project list
From:       "Diego Casella \(\[Po\]lentino\)" <polentino911 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-25 17:14:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

And there is even more, in my opinion. When the number of projects becomes
relevant, the user could forget how he/she properly named each of them, thus
it's easy to create a new project with a name already assigned. So a
conflict scenario is more plausible.
( I'm wondering if could be cool to implement a bacukp support over
gitorious, when my backend will be available :)

There is no guarantee that I won't create some projects and import a couple
> more in my new location before I decide to bring in my old work. You can say
> that the 'correct' way to backup all and restore all is to do the restore
> first thing, but users will do what they want - and then complain when they
> have a problem. And no matter how rare a conflict scenario is, forcing
> overwrite is serious business. We're talking about forcing the user to
> choose between losing whole existing projects, and not being able to import
> groups of projects.

I totally agree. We have to keep in mind that our target are
beginner/intermediate developers, thus we have to ease their development
cycle without forcing them on such drastic choices.
By the way, we should also add a "Remove project" button or whatever
because, in order to test python/ruby/js plasmoid/dataengine/runner, I
created a lot of  projects that are no longer needed; so we need a button to
do some "spring-cleaning" IMO :)