On 30/10-2009 19:10 "Aaron J. Seigo" wrote: > On October 30, 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote: > > would prefer to only show the actual notes in the stack on click so they > > could be dragged elsewhere. Obviously the background svg of it should not > > be as it is, or the size it currently is. Additionally I need to give > > some visual indication of colour in the notes, either the notes > > themselves being a different colour, or having a strip of a colour that > > can be set etc. > > these are all doable; i just wonder if it's the best we can do for a UI. > i'm not getting any inspired thoughts right now (too early in the day > still, i think :) but maybe if i think on it or if someone else comes up > with a great idea we could device a nicer more plasma approach to showing > stacks of notes. > > > Would having one master applet and each note as a satellite applet work? > > it would probably fail in some situations or just be more difficult than > necessary to get working properly. when the notes are separated by the user > into individual pieces, they should probably just become individual > applets. Just from the top of my head without thinking about how it should be implemented. (it's difficult for me to explain in English in any way :) I see a stack of notes - like a deck of cards - as the main widget. Each note is slightly askewed and has a tool tip showing it's title. You can drag a note out of the stack (deck) and put it elsewhere on the desktop and you can put a disconnected note back in the deck. You should also be able to somehow flip through all the notes. I think what I'm saying is basically what Stephen wrote. -- Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen Thomas Olsen _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel