List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasmate status
From:       Shantanu Tushar Jha <jhahoneyk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-15 7:17:22

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino)
<polentino911@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> other two weeks are gone, so it's time  to sinc() with each other about PlasMate \
> status, IIRC =) Now the TimeLine loads all the commits within the current branch, \
> and also all the commits that lead to that branch ( I'm thinking to make  that \
> feature selectable by user, to decrease the widget length ). For each item, a \
> tooltip shows the author who made the commit, the date and the stored message. In \
> the top of the list is located the current working state of the project, marked as \
> "Not Saved". The lower item holds the working branch, and its tooltip shows the \
> other available branches. I also modified the GitRunner class, because the previous \
> implementation caused the app to not close. Now I'm working on handling properly \
> signals and slots, so we can have an almost working timeline within this week !
> By the way, do we *really* need the sidebar ? Each item can be found in the final \
> release of plasmate under the menubar, so I was wondering if we can replace it with \
> something more useful like a directory tree list ...

If you're talking about a directory tree list of all the files, I
think It'll be much like an IDE. There's no need to display it as
such. We can just have a list of files. As pointed out, being simple
is one of Plasmate's primary goals.
IMO lets have the sidebar smaller and maybe positioned just below the
menu by default.

> Let me know about this, and also your ideas; lets make PlasMate rocks =)
>
> Cheers !!

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com