List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Clocks context menu to fast copying date and time
From:       Emdek <emdeck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 13:27:57

> Sounds like a useful feature. :) Make sure you implement it in
> libplasmaclock
> so all clocks can benefit...

Of course, that is what I'm talking about. ;-)

> Hmm, you'd better get an svn checkout. In my experience it is near
> impossible
> to create good working code without actually testing the code. Depending
> on
> somebody else to do all the testing, is kind of... inconvenient.

Yes, I know, but I don't have enough hard drive space and for this small patch it is \
too big overhead I think. The code is already implemented and tested (half of year \
and no reports, I'm using it every day starting from KDE 4.1 and I've also didn't \
noticed any problems), it only need to be extracted and modified in one place (in my \
clock you can configure available formats, globally it is not needed). This patch \
would consist of about thirty lines of code (so could be marked as trivial), and \
would add only three methods without conflicts with existing code (as far as I know \
there is no default list of contextual actions for ClockApplet, at least for 4.2).  I \
could create patches for 4.2 and 4.1, only difference would be different offsets in \
files. The biggest problem for me is only there that I never created any patch, but I \
think that Kompare should help me to accomplish generation of patch file. ;-)

> Anyway, welcome to plasma!

Thanks, it's nice to also giving and not only using results of others work. :-)

Best regards
MichaƂ