List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: General applet test-case: Color change
From:       Jamboarder <jamboarder () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-12-28 16:59:08

> From: Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org>
> On Sunday 28 December 2008 16:42:44 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 December 2008 21:03:27 Jamboarder
> wrote:
> > > Just thought I'd mention that I've been
> testing how applets response to
> > > color change to shake out any remaining bugs with
> color changes and most
> > > applets appear to working fine.  Generally all
> svgs are updating
> > > correctly and the majority of text/line colors
> appear to be working fine
> > > (unintended hardcoded colors are rare - yay).
> The only remaining issues
> > > I could find is that for a small number of
> applets, text colors aren't
> > > updating till a plasma restart (or maybe an
> applet config update):
> >
> > Yay! Good initiative.
> >
> > > - Battery Monitor (including Power Management
> extender on desktop)
> >
> > I'll take care of this before 4.2.0 is tagged.
> (Maybe already tonight.)
>
> Hm, what problems did you encounter? I've checked with
> the Air theme (dark on
> light instead of light on dark to make it well-visible) and
> all colours seem
> to be updated correctly on the fly ...)
Sorry I should have been more clear.

The test-case were for color changes only, not just theme changes (which is also a \
good test case).  The test case can only be performed with the Aya theme at the \
moment since it is the only plasma them which reacts to color changes from the System \
Setting Colors kcm.

As a side note, I think plasma is arguable reacting about the same or better to \
Colors kcm changes that other parts of KDE at the moment.

Hope this is helpful,
Andrew