List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: uiserver interaction,
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-11-28 6:30:24

First of all what Sebas wrote are my main problems with the new behavior. I just \
didn't explain that detailed. :)

> > - An option to keep the jobwindow visible when it looses focus. Sometime,
> > I do indeed wait for a job to be finished, and then it's annoying if the
> > dialog keeps vanishing
>
> mm... perhaps something right inside the window, or only when the user
> manually calls it forward?

In my opinion sometimes you need to see the progress constantly. Let's say you start \
to download some files and you want to see how the download goes on, is some of them \
stuck or something like that. The current solution is to click from time to time to \
the icon, which is not so friendly. What would be better is to either be able to keep \
the notification constantly visible, to be able to detach certain notifications or to \
be able to get a window with all the progress info that doesn't go away \
automatically.

Back to the patch: the reason I made the option false (keep the current behavior) by \
default is to not hide the new feature from the users. At least in beta stage, but of \
course if the main bugs ( that I will report after beta 2 :P) are fixed it can remain \
in final as well.

I will add the option for notifications and commit.

Andras