List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Fwd: PATCH:The sequence of applets in the panel is out of expected
From:       "qiang zhang" <liubingzhq () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-14 9:43:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: qiang zhang <liubingzhq@gmail.com>
Date: 2008/11/14
(bugsid:175026)
To: kde-devel@kde.org

 Such changes after installation in line with the general KDE user habits.

2008/11/13 zhangqiang <zhangqiang@redflag-linux.com>

> When I installed kde4,I found that the default sequence of applets in the
> panel was different from usual.For example the pager is in the left of the
> panel,but usually the launcher should be in the left by default. When I open
> the file
> /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/plasma-appletsrc,I
> found the default sequence of applets in this file is the same as usual. At
> the same time I found  the topleft coordinate of every applet is all (0,0)
> in the file
> /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/plasma-appletsrc.Why
> is the showing result out of expected ? By looking at source code ,I find
> the reason is that the sorting algorithm in the file
> kdelibs/plasma/containment.cpp is not very good.Through modifying the sort
> algorithm,the results are expected with the implementation of the same.My
> patch is in the attachment.Thanks.
>
> The modified file containment.cpp is in file kdelibs/plasma/.

> unsubscribe <<

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

class="gmail_sendername">qiang zhang</b> <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \

Date: 2008/11/14<br>Subject: Re: PATCH:The sequence of applets in the panel is out of \
expected (bugsid:175026)<br>To: <a \
class="gmail_quote">2008/11/13 zhangqiang <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:zhangqiang@redflag-linux.com" \
0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div class="Ih2E3d">

the panel was different from usual.For example the pager is in the left of the \
panel,but usually the launcher should be in the left by default. When I open the file \
/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/plasma-appletsrc,I found the \
default sequence of applets in this file is the same as usual. At the same time I \
found&nbsp; the topleft coordinate of every applet is all (0,0) in the file \
/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/plasma-appletsrc.Why is the \
showing result out of expected ? By looking at source code ,I find&nbsp; the reason \
is that the sorting algorithm in the file kdelibs/plasma/containment.cpp is not very \
good.Through modifying the sort algorithm,the results are expected with the \
implementation of the same.My patch is in the attachment.Thanks.<br>