List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma::Svg question
From:       Rafael =?iso-8859-15?q?Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-06 20:47:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

> you can also call setOpacity on the QPainter directly, but that can *very*
> slow and that above method is usually faster, and at worst the same speed.

Aaron explained it pretty well, and please, don't use setOpacity (as also
Aaron did suggest). I want to put emphasis here... since setOpacity disables
all the hardware acceleration (as Fredrik said: "the kiss of death"). Check
out this techbase tutorial for further information:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Graphics/Performance

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.