List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: playground applets
From:       Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-30 13:55:39

Marco Martin wrote:
>> systray-refactor - needs the plasmoid protocol finished out, but generally
>> there. (notifications?)
>> kuiserver - or should this also be added to the systemtray?
 >
> seems a neat idea, so it would also be possible to put some code to not make
> uiserver and notifications overlap

Ultimately, I think they should be combined but personally I think the
kuiserver and knotify protocols should be combined too. That's
definitely not something that can be done for 4.2 though. ;)

Having a quick look at kuiserver, it'd be pretty straight forward to
simply tack it on to the systray applet without any big changes in
either code base. Yay/nay?

--
Jason Stubbs