List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Wallpaper plugins
From:       Petri =?iso-8859-1?q?Damst=E9n?= <petri.damsten () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-20 8:33:28

Hi,

I have been working on Plasma::Wallpaper and patch was getting big. Since
there are some svn moves coming we agreed with Aaron that I should commit it
now and continue to work on it in trunk. Sorry for not posting some earlier
versions for comments.

Committed changes:
- Wallpaper API changes discussed in plasma-devel.
- Remove background painting from desktop containment.
- Remove desktop configuration from desktop containment.
- Add Image (Single image and Slideshow) wallpaper plugin (converted from
desktop containment).
- Configuration to color wallpaper plugin.
- Add Desktop configuration to desktop view (converted from desktop
containment).
- Desktop containment selection.

Wallpaper plugins have been working pretty good on my machine for some days.
Desktop containment selection has more problems (Code in
- Containment gets wrong geometry (after restart it's not on screen).
- Dataengine connection seems to break when containment changed
- Other containments don't have desktop settings... Should containments have
default desktop menu when selected for desktop (+ what they already have)?

So any testing/help on this is welcome.

Petri