List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: After KDE 4.1 release: GHNS and other issues
From:       "Richard Dale" <richard.j.dale () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-01 16:28:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Jamboarder <jamboarder@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Some plasmoid developers would really like to use all the power the C++
> plasma API provides and may not be interested in distibuting them in
> kdeplasma-addons.

Well I'm interested in knowing what is missing in scripting applet apis
compared with  C++ plasma API, so we can either add the functionality to the
scripting API or agree that it is really a C++ only sort of thing. That's
why I'm keen to get the GHNS stuff infrastructure working and have users
writing plasmoids in scripting languages (and C# too), and not just C++.

-- Richard