List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: again on widgets
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-24 19:37:00

2008/7/21 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org>:
> On Monday 21 July 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
>> it behaves very bad in graphics layouts, probably the only way is to
>> go subclassing QTabBar, maybe reimplementing a sizehint will be
>> enough, but it looks tough, let's see..
>
> QTabBar might end up being one of those "on the cusp" situations; hopefull
you
> can make it work =)

ok, so recapping what i got now, i have a pushbutton that paints in
the graphicsproxywidget part
and a tabbar (in plasyground/widgets/tabbar) that paints in a qwidget
descendant (quite impossible to do otherwise)
i wonder if it's acceptable to use different approaches in different
widgets, i think yes since are different levels of complexity?
the tabbar now it's called NativeTabbar, where should go in plasma? in
the widget folder or a subdir?

and should it be exported available to other things to use it or kept
private? (for instance panelcontroller uses qtoolbuttons, that could
came from those reimplemented qwidgets)
if it should be exported the pushbutton could be a problem again, i
also tought about making a qwidget to draw the button and the
proxywidget to draw the halo around it, a bit exagerate? (but nice eh
:)

Cheers,
Marco Martin