List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Folderview mimetype support (revisited)
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-22 11:49:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 July 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> What do you think ?

introducing a tabbed interface to define what gets shown in a folder is a good
sign it's an overly complex feature.

with this one feature, we will have a UI that is already too complex to add
anything else to it.

please, just go the simple route. if there is large user demand for mixing
include and exclude we can look at adding it (and agonize over how to present
it in the UI at that point =)

having mimetype + typeglob filtering is already pretty damn cool.

KISS.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se