List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Move extragear/plasma to a new main module.
From:       Alex Merry <huntedhacker () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-05-20 22:43:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 15:22:50 Alexis Ménard wrote:
> For me this :
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/dataengines/nowpla
>ying/
>
> don't need to be in kdebase (it depends of amarok wich is in extragear) but
> in the new module kdeplasmoid. isn't it?

Yes, if it's built before amarok or juk (as it would normally be), it won't be
able to display info from either of those players.  It was originally destined
for extragear/plasma, but Aaron moved it to kdebase.

Eventually, I'd like to have a plugin system to fix this dependency issue (and
make the player part in to a separate library so, eg, kopete can use it), but
for now putting it in kdebase creates dependency problems.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org