List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Add CCMAIL: panel-devel@kde.org to API Changes
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-26 21:13:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 26 April 2008, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> Could we start adding
> CCMAIL:panel-devel@kde.org<CCMAIL%3Apanel-devel@kde.org>to all commits
> that make changes to the API?  This would make it much easier
> for me to know when I need to adapt some applets or engines.

that's what http://commitfilter.kde.org/ is for.

note that the other day we had over 100 commits to plasma, most of which were
API adjustments or porting to make up for those API changes. so right now
it's safe to assume that adaptations are needed.

the main annoyance is signal and slot changes since those are not caught by
the compiler.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se