List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Tokamak planning
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-02 17:00:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

hi everyone...

Tokamak (Mark I?), the first Plasma Developer Sprint, is starting in a little
over a week's time.

i figured it would be good to get some agenda-like details out of the way.

First Rule Of Tokamak: There is no agenda. ;)

seriously though, given the sorts of topics that are likely, i don't think
there will be a large number of Big Architecture issues, but rather a lot of
interesting implementation issues as well as fairly specific design and
arhitecture areas to concentrate on.

to coordinate this all a bit, i'd like everyone who will be attending to bring
with them the following lists:

* Primary: Up to 5 items that you would like to see dealt with during Tokamak
* Secondary: Up to 5 additional items that you think need addressing
* Everything else

on the first day, we'll do a little meet 'n greet then share our primary lists
in a group setting. this will help set the agenda for the rest of the event.

if there aren't immediately dominant items from combining the primary lists,
we'll add in information from the secondary lists.

from there, we can break out to work on the items of interest to us
(individually or, preferably, in groups) to address the various items on our
agenda. there'll be a natural amount of discussion between breakout groups a
well, i'm sure, since we'll still all be in the same room(s).

we'll have full group sessions in the morning (after breakfast) and evening
(before dinner) to regroup, compare notes, etc.  we can do this more often if
necessary but i doubt it.

at the end of each day, i'll ensure that we have a decent summary of the day
upon the dev wiki so those who couldn't make it this time around can keep up
with what we're doing =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se